November: Animals in Play
See the sun set on the whale, check out our feature exhibition Ecosystems in Play, and enjoy a night at the museum at Nocturnal! This month only, join special guests from the Beaty Biodiversity Museum and the UBC Department of Psychology to learn more about why animals – including humans – play!
Admission is by donation all evening with light snacks and a cash bar available. Museum members will receive one free drink ticket upon arrival. Not a member of the museum? Sign up today!
Come by for a night at the museum!
- 5:00 pm: Museum opens with admission by donation
- 5:15-6:00 pm: Raising Big Blue showing
- 5:30-6:00 pm: Special members-only sneak-peek tour at the latest spotlight exhibits featuring editorial cartoons by Grahame Arnould (registration recommended as space is limited)
- 6:00 pm: Animals in Play talks underneath the whale
- 7:00-7:45 pm: Museum tour
- 8:30 pm: Museum closes
Every month, the museum will stay open late with admission by donation between 5:00-8:30 pm, offering family-friendly activities.