General Booking Instructions
- All bookings must be completed via the appropriate online request form. Please note that the form is an online request only and is NOT a confirmed booking
- Booking requests must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- See the Elementary, Secondary, Post-Secondary, Youth, Birthday Parties, and Adult pages to find descriptions of bookable programs
- One class or group per booking; if you require more than one booking please submit a new form for reach request.
- Minimum 15 participant charge per museum-led program, tour, and self-led visit; these fees cover program delivery and staffing costs. For an optimal Museum-Led Program experience, we recommend group sizes of 25 or smaller.
- Children under five years old receiving a museum-led school program or tour will be charged the child rate to cover program delivery and staffing costs.
- One adult (includes teachers and chaperones) free for every 10 students.
- Additional adult guests may join your group for $12.00/person.
- Educational programs and experiences are subject to change. The Beaty Biodiversity Museum reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule a booking due to unforeseen circumstances, such as staffing issues.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your program time, so you can check in, visit the washrooms, and begin exploring the museum. When your group lesson is over, you don’t have to go home! The museum hosts a wide range of student-friendly activities including scavenger hunts and nature themed crafts. Full-day museum admission is included with your lesson price. For more information, please check our Calendar.
Rates & Times
Prices include applicable taxes
Museum-Led Programs & Guided Tours
$9.00 per child, youth, non-UBC Students and Seniors
$12.00 per Adult
All museum-led lessons are offered at 10:15 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Your group is welcome to stay after the visit or lesson to explore the collections if you have time, please adjust your schedule accordingly.
$8.00 per child, youth, non-UBC Students and Seniors
$12.00 per Adult
Self-led visits are available at 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., and 4:00 p.m.
Minimum 15 participant charge per museum-led school programs, tours and self-led visits; these fees cover program delivery and staffing costs. One adult (includes teachers and chaperones) free for every 10 students; additional adult guests may join your group for $12.00/person. For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, each organizer is responsible for the appropriate behaviour of their group. Please ensure that supervisors remain with the group at all times.
A $60.00 deposit per booking is required within ten (10) business days of recieving the Contract and Invoice. This can be paid by cheque, credit, cash or debit in person at the Museum, credit over the phone, and JV for internal UBC departments.
A minimum of fourteen (14) days written notice (i.e. email) is required to cancel or modify a booking as this directly impact staffing requirements. Cancellations without this notice period may result in the deposit being forfeited to cover administrative and staffing costs.
Notes: Programs and experiences are subject to change. The Beaty Biodiversity Museum reserves the right to cancel, change or reschedule a booking due to unforeseen circumstances, such as staffing issues.
At the Museum
Getting to the Museum
Public transportation is a great way to get to UBC – visit TransLink for the most up-to-date information about specific bus routes and schedules. School busses should drop groups off on East Mall via Biological Sciences Road.
- Please see the following links for passenger drop off points, parking information, road closures and a general map of campus. Getting to the Museum; UBC Visitor Parking; Wayfinding at UBC; UBC Road Closures
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your booking to provide ample time to register your group at the Admissions Desk.
Limited unsecured coat racks and hooks are available to groups to store jackets and backpacks. We highly encourage visitors to leave valuables at home as the Beaty Biodiversity Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
Food, gum, and drinks are not permitted in the museum due to the sensitivity of the collections. There are ample outdoor spaces adjacent to the museum for large groups as well as a small café which can accommodate up to 30 individuals, dependent on availability.
Please note that flash photography is not permitted in the collections as excessive light can damage fragile museum specimens.
Beaty Biodiversity Museum Front Desk Staff